1

Saturday at the Dallas Zoo

This weekend we got to bring Stephen to see the Dallas zoo. We had such a great time showing him all around. The zoo has a great Children's zoo. Here they are playing in the water playground. They have a cute petting zoo with horses, pigs, and bunnies. Both of the girls loved petting the bunny!

There are lots of statues of animals all around the zoo. Some are small like this lamb and some are several stories high. The girls love the statues almost as much as the animals. I think it is because they could touch them and pretend they were real.


We brought a picnic lunch and sat at the picnic tables. Here is Rayna watching all of the birds in the trees above us.

It was nice to have Stella there to pull all of our stuff ;) She is really turning into such a big girl. I have always heard people talk about preschool age kids asking endless questions. Stella has really started to do that. Yesterday she must have asked me 100 questions. I'm sure it wears you out after a while but right now it is amazing to see her mind growing right before our eyes. But it did surprise me that a 3 year old can ask tricky questions. Sometimes I try to explain and she still doesn't understand so I just tell her, "Well, maybe Daddy can explain it better when he gets home." And she always agrees that that is a good idea.

Miss. Stella loved wearing my sunglasses and keeping track of the map. Here she is telling us what our next stop should be!

Rayna wasn't really in a posed picture mood that day so we were pulling out all the stops to keep her happy trying to get a good picture. Here I was telling them to pretend that Daddy had a butterfly on his head while I touched his head. I love how with kids, even when they know you are just pretending, they have a look in their eyes like maybe you aren't. Everything is potentially magical.

We brought the wagon with us, instead of the stroller, and the girls loved it. It was a beautiful day. I'm so excited that spring is here!












1 comments:

Unknown said...

love the sunglasses and the map! she wants to be just like her cute mommy :)
"with kids... everything is potentially magical" how true! love it.

Post a Comment