4

Imagination Grows

It has been really fun to watch the girls' imagination grow as they create new games to play around the house. One of their new favorites they call "Making a Train".

They get all of the containers off of the storage shelf I use for all of their kitchen play toys. They dump all of the play food and other toys out of the containers as you see above.

Then they line all of the containers up and put a baby or animal in each "car" of the train.
They usually give each baby something to eat or drink for the trip. They love this game and can play it all day. Stella always assigns a special baby to the engine or the caboose. They also save one container to ride in themselves. I just have to laugh that I bought these shelves to keep everything more organized and it seems to have had the opposite effect! 

The other new game the girls love to play they call "Fortress". They take all of the cushions off of the couch and throw them into a huge pile. They they load all of their babies into the middle of the "fortress". 

They also love to jump from the couch to the middle of the cushions. It brings back memories to watch them play these games. I remember our brown couch with a blue flowers and huge leaves pattern. My brothers and I would play these very same games. It was always so much fun. It is funny how you don't have to teach kids how to play these games. It is just one of the great things about being a kid. I used to think the house looked pretty clean if most of the toys were picked up off the floor. Now it looks great just to have to cushions actually on the couch!  :)


4 comments:

Katie ~ This Natural Life said...

Hi Ivy dear! Your girls are so adorable. I can't wait until my babe is playing like that; it must be so amazing to see. I hope I can see them and you again sometime soon. :)

Amanda said...

Aren't they cute! And look at your fancy blog :)

cheryl said...

So great! My girls love to play the same games. I love how sweet they can play together at times.

Anonymous said...

Have they started standing on the couch arms
and flying through the air to land on stacks
of couch cushions? That's another way you and
your brothers played with the furniture.
I love the train too and especially how sweet
they are to their passengers, providing a snack
and all. Stella and Rayna are always such good mommies to their babies.
It's amazing how these pictures can bring such
joy and such "missing you" feelings all at the same time.
Mimi

Post a Comment